Friday, May 8, 2009

My dad feeds my dogs Gaviscon antacid tablets?

He left 10 tablets on the ground for my chihuahua to eat. My chihuahua actually eats them.

Is this dangerous or what??
Answers:
Does he feed Alka-Seltzer to pigeons too?
Yes, it's fatal. Here's what will happen:
1. The dog chews the Gaviscon.
2. The Gaviscon foams up in the dog's mouth, just as it does with people.
3. The neighbor sees the dog with the foaming mouth and calls animal control and says there is a dog with rabies.
4. Animal control comes and shoots the dog.
5. The owner sues animal control and gets big dollars and buys more dogs and more Gaviscon.
Did the dog tell him he had heartburn?
Poor chihuahua. Yes, I wouldn't give anything like that to a tiny chihuahua. Call the vet and see what he should do. Below is a website about the product. It contains aluminum and magnesium. 10 tablets of that could well be a lethal dose. Dosage for an adult human is 1-2 tablets and a chihuahua is so tiny.

http://www.gaviscon.com/faqs.htm.
Not really, it is just calcium (if they are anything like tums)
Although I think 10 is a bit excessive.
My mom gives her chihuahua baby asprin when she feels like she has a "fever" lol. It doesn't hurt her. And I am talking like a 2 or 3 lb chi. very small
Any type of medicine that is made for humans is Dangerous to animals. Your Dad needs to stop feeding your dog medicine ASAP he could be causing serious damage to your beloved pet only a vet should give an animal medicine.
why did he do that? Yes it could be harmful
i don't know if it is safe or not check whit the vet
your father is a sadist.
I would say that ten is a bit much and if he is using them like a treat tell him to stop. I do and have given my dogs things like asperin and pepto bismal and even rolaids and every vet I have talked to says its fine. And I have asked and found out that quite a few of the drugs they give for pain and other ailments are the same things that you and I would take. But I would tell him to stop.!
Why doesn't he just give the poor dog a box of Efferdent, some poprocks, and a liter of tequila while he's at it?
(Sarcasm intended.)

No comments:

Post a Comment