Sunday, August 2, 2009

My dog has been foaming at the mouth..?

and she can't see, drink or eat. PLEASE HELP ME!
Answers:
vet. now.
could be anything from poisoning to rabies

Why did you add the part about the dog being hit by a car long after you started receiving answers?
flaky
rabies.. go to the emergency vet right away
she's having a seizure. she might have epilepsy, my yellow lab has it. there is medicine for them to stop having seizures but you have to go to the vet to get it.
bring it to the vet right away it could have rabies
your dog may be in truble! Get your dog to the Vet ASAP!!
Get her to a vet immediately
Your dog ate something poisionous. Take him to the vet!
take her to the vet immediately, it sounds serious.
I'm afraid that she has Rabies. There is no cure. Take her to the vet and he can best tell you what to do. I'm very sorry. Don't let her bite you or anyone else, as you can catch the rabies if she bites you.
call animal control your dog can not be cured of rabbies must be put down
If it was rabies, I don't think I would be getting near it. My friend is a vet and I have always heard her say that if a dog is suspected of having rabies, to quarentine it for at least 10 days.
you should go see a veterinarian about that it could be rabies, those are typical symptoms of rabies.
that sounds serious. maybe she was poisoned or god forbid rabies.. get to the vet as soon as possible.. my prayers are with you both.
Rabies.
I foam at the mouth to and then I get a violation notice email.

I may be dumb and stupid, but even I would know enough to take the dog to a vet. It might be too late. What are you waiting for?
shes got rabbies
I'm sorry to tell you that your dog needs to be put down ASAP.
There are two things she may have:
Rabies: If she is a mostley outside dog , and has not had her shots recentley those are all symtoms.
1. Is she chasing her tail?
2. Is she bitting at the air?
3. Is she jumping and barking alot?
4. She is foaming.
If she is doing all those things I'm sorry to say your dog has rabies.
OR
She seems to have alot of symtoms my German Shepherd Female had. Except Scarlet was not foaming at the mouth but she could not see or hear, or eat or drink.
She died, sadly after some problems with her heart and her ribs being mixed up somehow.
I know everyone else is saying, "Take your dog to the vet NOW!" And for once, I complteley agree with everyone.
You need to take your dog to the vet and mabey it is not rabies, the only way to tell for certain if a dog has rabies is to test the dead aniamals brain at a lab. I really hope your dog ends up being ok.
Good Luck and I hoped this helped!
what kind of dog is she?.if she is a large breed and tends to eat garbage or food really fast.Bloat is a consideration.blindness isnt caused by it, but it may also be a reaction to a new product like flea control or chemicals. Get her to the vet right away to check her bloodwork. Goodluck!
Prodromal phase: first symptoms of rabies
The early symptoms of rabies tend to be subtle, last 2 to 3 days, and include the following:

*Change in tone of the dog's bark
*Chewing at the bite site
*Fever
*Loss of appetite
*Subtle changes in behavior
*Furious phase: "mad dog syndrome"

The second phase of infection usually lasts 2 to 4 days and not all rabid animals experience it. Animals that enter immediately into the final paralytic phase are sometimes said to have dumb or paralytic rabies. Animals that spend most of their diseased state in the furious phase are sometimes said to have furious rabies. An infected dog may viciously attack any moving object, person, or animal; a caged rabid dog will chew the wire, break their teeth, and try to bite a hand moving in front of the cage. Rabid cats will attack suddenly, biting and scratching. Foxes will invade yards and attack dogs, cows, and porcupines.
They may show the following signs:

*Craving to eat anything, including inedible objects
*Constant growling and barking
*Dilated pupils
*Disorientation
*Erratic behavior
*Episodes of aggression
*Facial expression showing anxiety and hyperalertness
*Irritability
*No fear of natural enemies (e.g., wild animals may not be afraid of people)
*Restlessness
*Roaming
*Seizures
*Trembling and muscle incoordination

Paralytic phase
The third and final phase of infection usually lasts for 2 to 4 days. Initial symptoms include the following:

*Appearance of choking
*Dropping of the lower jaw (in dogs)
*Inability to swallow, leading to drooling and foaming of saliva (i.e., "foaming at the mouth")
*Paralysis of jaw, throat, and chewing muscles

Paralysis then spreads to other parts of the body, the animal becomes depressed, rapidly enters a coma and dies.
I don't know how to say this. I think see might have raibies. Get her to the vet before it's too late! Oh my god. I just read your new comment. Oh my god, I'm so sorry. This made me cry, I'm so sorry. Are you okay? Oh my god. You'll be okay soon. You poor thing!
It could be a number of things. If she's acting aggressive it's probably rabies, but if shes not, it could be a type of neurological disorder. Either way you should take her to the vet immediatly.
you dont make sense

No comments:

Post a Comment