Sunday, August 2, 2009

My dog has a rash. What can I do?

His rash starts out as a small red bump, then it develops puss. Then the puss dries out, and it gets really hard and flaky. I don't know what it could be. I've given him Benedryl, I've given him baths with oatmeal products, and used cortisone. It only works for a week or two. What could it be and what can I do?
Answers:
Take him to a vet?
well mate, rather than wasting time here.i really encourage you to bring your dog to a vet. No offence here but before you know what that rash is all about, dont try anything.just bring it to the vet and it will all be done.
A Vet Doctor
There could be many reasons for a rash to develop. It could be as simple as a skin mite or as complex as an imune reaction. I would suggest (since you have tried oatmeal and cortisone cream) taking him to a vet and letting the vet do an allergy test to determine what is the cause. This will rule out many things in one shot.
Sorry, the little fella needs to see his friendly vet. Over the counter items are not going to work here. The vet will get it cleared and break the cycle of reaccuring problems wether it be bacterial or environmental (allergy) Cheers Bogey

No comments:

Post a Comment