Sunday, August 2, 2009

My dog has diahhrea and it happens mostly at nite. Anyone out there maybe know why??

My poochie wakes me up at least 3 times a nite with this problem. I would like to try a couple of different things before I go to the vet.
Answers:
what are you feeding your dog? if you email me i can try to help you. but you really didnt give a lot of information to go on. try feeding her dry dog food only. my dog gets diarrhea every time he eats canned food. dont let her eat, lets say, 2 or 3 hours before you're going to bed. but definetely dont feed her the wet food. its no good for dogs. gives all sorts of intestional and dental problems. dry stuff might not be as interesting but its a lot more healthy. i reccommend beneful. if you feed her human food that might be a problem too. dogs stomach dont digest our food like our stomachs do. she might have an intestional problem that your vet would know about. if its only at night, then i dont think thats it. it really sounds like youre feeding her your dinner scraps, like i said thats not good. if you need any more help, feel free to drop me a line! luvn_bois_is_sin@yahoo.com
he may have colitis i advise getting him to vet asap plus he will be dehydrated
try feeding her earlier, and be consistent with the type of food you give her.
How old?

What is his diet?

What is his vaccination status?


Can't try anything without information. Diarreha isn't an illenss - it is a symptom.
His system may not like what you are feeding him. Try boiled rice with cooked hamburger in it. rinse the fat off the hamberger. It calms their stomaches.
I have two dogs that have very sensitive stomachs. Any type of people food will cause them to have diahhrea. My vet has me feed them cooked rice mixed with cottage cheese for a few days to settle down their stomachs. The key is to make sure they are staying hydrated and drinking plenty of water. I would suggest taking them into the vet, though. I always play it safe with stuff like that.
Do you possibly feed it canned food towards the evening? I know my dog would get diarrhea when I fed him canned food.
He might have a stomach virus, but think about if you leave any food scraps behind after you hit the hay?
My doggy cheyenne cot into the garbage and ate my b/f's burgur king burger

I'll just tell you this
BURGER KING IS POISON
try not feeding for 1 whole day then feed him chicken and rice
If your friend died, the dog is probably stressed. Perhaps he used to sleep with your friend and he is all confused now, in addition to being sad. His whole little doggie life has just been turned upside down.

Call the dog's regular vet. They may have some ideas you can try without bringing him in and spending money.

Try feeding him some brown rice mixed in with his dog food. That will help firm up his stools and hopefully cut down on the frequency. Make sure he's drinking plenty of water, because he'll get dehydrated if he's having diarrhea and not drinking.
It may have a parisite!! Bring the poor thing to your local vet.Or it may be the varity and quality of food( no table scraps!)
Try and get her the Eukanuba intestinal diet. Never give her milk as this causes diahhrea
Good luck and I hope your doggy get鈥檚 better real soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment