Saturday, May 22, 2010

my dog has pain in his left shoulder?

The last two day, my dog has been limping on his left front leg. at first, i thought he just stepped on something. I checked but all was clear. Normally, if he stepped on something, the limping would go away after a day or so but now it seemed to be just as bad as before. When i went to check the paw again, he let out a little whine before even touching the paw. As i checked the rest of the leg, i noticed that he yelped only when I touched a certain part of his leg which was just under the shoulder blade. Anyone had this issue before? My dog is a German Shepherd and is 11 months old. Any advice or info?
Answers:
My first suggestion would be to see a vet.He may have hit his shoulder on something or fell or tangled himself in a chain? (swivel hooks sold at stores.)You may give your dog aspirin according to body weight.Ask your vet for proper dosage.
maybe he hurt it my dog sprained hos leg once he limped for a while
well they do sell doggy asprin. You can try that but u should take him to the vet.
I would say get your dog checked out. He could have twisted his leg or maybe broke something. If he broke something and you know it hurts in behind the shoulder blade, whatever broke could punchure his lung or other organs. If he doesn't get better, have the vet check him out. It's better to be safe than sorry.
Put a heating on his foot when he's sleeping on low for a little bit u can give him a baby asprin ithen see what happens if he is still limping take him to the vet for an x-ray:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment