Monday, May 24, 2010

My dog is a skitzo?

She is a toy american eskimo and Ive had her since she was 8 weeks old. There has been no abuse or anything. I take her anywhere and she is just so scared. Everything is horrifying. She hates other people. I cant even take her to get her nails clipped because even with a muzzle on, her anxiety and skitzoness makes it impossible to hold her down. I want Ceasar the Dog Whisperer to come help me with her and help me be passive aggressive towards her. Haha, I know thats not possible, but what do I do with this little sketch ball?
Answers:
Give her Chamomile tea, to help her relax and calm down.
Chamomile tea works very well, and is safe for her. Dump it out of the teabag, and use 1 teaspoon for small breed, . Mix it in a little canned food, such as Mighty Dog, or Cesar's, and give about 30 minutes before she needs to relax. It will keep her happy, but reduce stress. It can be given as needed.
Once she learns to deal with the outside world in a relaxed manner, you can quit the tea..
You will find Chamomile at your grocer's, in the tea section..
this old remedy was given to me by my vet, many years ago, and it always works..

Cesar's methods would not be beneficial for you dog's problems.
Ask your vet for some doggy tranqulizers and talk to a dog trainer.
try buying his book and I think maybe he has a video out? Maybe that will help!
http://www.dogpsychologycenter.com/.


This sounds like some simular behavior as with your dog. I bet you do exactly what he recommends you not do.

http://blogs5.nationalgeographic.com/cha.

Running Scared: Banjo鈥檚 Story
October 20th, 2006
Banjo, a coon hound from Omaha, Nebraska, spent his whole life in an animal testing lab, treated only as an object: No warmth, no bonding, no dignity. He was also terrified of people and scheduled to be put to sleep. Luckily, he was rescued in time by Beverly and Bruce, who tried for four years to rid him of this fear. A vet eventually told them there was no hope. He鈥檇 been too traumatized. But since I believe that there is a 99% chance that any dog can be rehabilitated, I was hoping I could help.

Beverly and Bruce had been making the well-intentioned mistake of giving him affection while he was exhibiting unstable and fearful behavior. It is the worst thing you can do for a scared dog because affection can actually reinforce the behavior.

If you are trying to approach a fearful dog, remember, no touching, no talking, no eye contact. Resist the urge to pet him, no matter how much you want to comfort him. Try facing sideways and not directly at him. If necessary, turn your back to the dog. And then let him come to you, not the other way around. Let him smell you and become familiar with your scent. This way, he gains trust.

With Banjo, I actually walked backwards toward him. Later in the session, I instructed his owners to drop the leash and walk away from him. Eventually, he got the message: I must follow.
Call the dog whisperer

No comments:

Post a Comment