Saturday, May 22, 2010

My dog is 2 years old and is neutered. Lately he has begun to chew on the couches and other furniture.?

I have tried everything from rawhide bones to toys. how can I get him to stop chewing on my furniture?
Answers:
WALK WALK WALK. HE'S BORED AND FRUSTRATED. DOGS HAVE ACTIVE MINDS AND IF WE DON'T STIMULATE THEM, THEY'LL FIND THEIR OWN OUTLETS.
If you're dog didn't chew before and this is a new habit of his, then perhaps he is bored and begging for attention. I have a 3 year old dog, and when she gets lonely or wants our attention, she'll do something kind of distructive.like chewing up papers out of a trash can or something like that. Just give him a little TLC and disipline and he'll whip into shape. :)
Get him a lot of chew toys that he likes. likes being the key term. Also yell at him or spank him when he chews on things you don't want him to. That will discourage him. Also he probably has a lot of energy and has nothing to do but chew on couches. Take him on walks everyday or running.
I woke up this morning to find my ottoman shredded at the corner! I know exactly why too.he didn't get to play yesterday. (crappy rainy day) Young dogs need plenty of exercise to keep from getting bored. all the chew toys in the world won't do the trick unless you play with them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment