Monday, May 24, 2010

My dog is dying.?

My 15 yr old dog is dying but refuses to die. My mom's against putting her to sleep and we just stress ourselves out watching over her. Any other alternatives?
Answers:
I am so sorry and I know what you are going through. I had a Doberman Pinscher dying of cancer.He lived quite awhile on pain meds,but eventually he got worse. I didn't want to see him suffer so I told myself I'd take him to the vet the next morning to have him euthanized.On the way to the vet he passed away.The following year my daughter's dog had cancer,we had his leg amputated but the cancer must have spread and was suffering something terrible. My daughter couldn't make herself help stop his missery so as bad as it hurt me I still took him to the vet and stayed at his side until he took his last breath. I felt a tremendous pain in my heart but I know I did what was right,the dog had no more pain. Maybe if your mother can't bring herself to take the dog to the vet,another family member could be her rock. Once again, my heart goes out to you and your family.You may want to type in rainbow bridge on your computer, this is a poem and it may help comfort your mother for the loss of her beloved pet.
I'm sorry your dog is dying, if he/she isn't in any pain I would just make life as comfortable as possible and try to enjoy your last days.
Dog will die when his time will be over. Give him as comfort as possible.
what do you mean she is trying to die? What are her symptoms? How is she behaving?

I would try to just make her as comfortable as possible. She doesn't deserve to suffer Please consult the vet to find out exactly how to do that.
Can your dog still eat? If so, maybe feed him/her the best meal ever and make them really comfy so that they feel contented enough to let go? Its a tough one.
sorry about that.its life.

but try to show your dog as much love as possible before it goes. :)
i'm sorry to hear that. if the dog is suffering, though, i would put her to sleep.
It will only get worse. You need to put him down. My uncle had to put his 22 year old cat down himself with milk mixed with the powder from tylenol capsules. The cat kept falling and losing control of his bowls. It was awful. You don't want to see that. Please put him out of his misery.
When my last dog was dying we thought it was best to hold on and let him go peacefully. Then, he got to the point where he would hardly eat. We took him to the vet and found out that he was probably in a lot of pain, but couldn't express it. His organs were literally turning to mush. We said our goodbyes and left him there. Putting animals to sleep is painless for them and the humane thing to do when they are suffering.
The humane thing to do is to put the dog to sleep. Let your mother know how hard it is for you to watch this long time friend suffer. The vet may be helpful. Good luck with your journey.
I am sorry for your loss.and wish you the best.
what makes you think the dog is dieing? has the dogs health been checked by a vet? if so what did the vet recommend? if the dog is not in pain then let it do what nature intended , if it is in pain seek a vet. one never knows how long we have been given by the grace of GOD. It could be minuets or months. death isnt something you can hurry unless ya go to a vet. mouse died this summer at the ripe age of 5. it took 6 months from time he was diagnosed as dieing to actually die . love you dog .and he will love back even on his death bed
I am so sorry to hear your dog is trying to die. Animals will try to live as long as they can because they do not want to disappoint their human families. Show your dog all the love you can ,but if she is hurting please consider euthanizing her.. I am so sorry for your pending loss. Nancy
Ask the vet if she's in any pain. If she is, you OWE it to her to have her put down. Do you really think that dog wants to lie there in pain or feeling like a lump of crap?

No comments:

Post a Comment