Thursday, July 30, 2009

My dog cries alot when given certain treats. Is there a reason for this behavior?

She is a german shorthair pointer. It only happens with certain treats. I thought maybe it was with the treats i give her when i am leaving but it never happens at that time. It always happens with treats that i give her while i or my wife are with her to give her something to keep her occupied. Any help would be appreciated.
Answers:
Maybe she is just letting out cries of sheer enjoyment, does she like these particular treats? Does she make these noises prior to knowing she is getting them (But knowing she will?) Sometimes I noticed I moaned, made peculiar noises, or louder when I eat a very good steak, or really good food. And ok, maybe when I knew that I was going to spend some naked time, or during events, with this certain woman (en) I knew. Maybe she is in pure happiness that she has her favorite company AND her favorite treat. (Don't get me started please) OR, maybe I am completely nuts and it is none of the above.
poor baby, i can't imagine what could be wrong with her. that sounds so sad.

i hope someone here has good advice for you. i have never heard of this behavior.

good luck to you. give her bunches and bunches of love!
take her to the vet, it sounds like her teeth hurt
The dog wil always wine cause it like the treat and it'll keep beggin for more if u keep trying to occupie the dog with treats. Try something else sometime. Cause the dog is just wining cause it's not getting treats
If the treats are the same ones you give her when you are leaving, maybe she associates those treats with you leaving the house? Just a possibility.
i would take her to the vet and see what they have to say about it.
Do you mean she cries FOR the treats, or she eats them and then cries? I couldn't tell. I have a pointer too and he only cries when he sees a squirrel or a cat on the porch.

Perhaps she's crying because she wants to play?

No comments:

Post a Comment