Friday, July 31, 2009

My dog has a mammary tumor?

I notice that my dog has a lump on her breast and I found out that it was a mammary tumor. The problem is that I dont have the $600+ dollars to pay for her surgery, is there a place where they offer low cost for surgery in the (Los Angeles area)? I really can't afford it and I dont want to my dog to suffer, any suggestions?
Answers:
Did the vet say it was benign or malignant? Is she spayed?
If it is benign, dont worry and have it removed at a later date of you really want to. It will be cosmetic.
If it is malignant, ask if you can pay it off, or ask at an animal shelter, rspca for a more reasonable price.
If she is in real pain and her quality of life isnt very good. Do the humane and kind thing and put her to sleep. Sorry to have to suggest it, but it may be the only right thing to do
I'm so sorry about your little girl. My dog has one, too. The vet told me that surgery may only extend her life a few months and may cause even worse pain. So let her enjoy her life now. Give her love and attention. Love her while you have her, because her life is a gift. You will have memories of her forever. Put her on pain medication if she starts suffering more. Dogs have a large area in the brain devoted to feelings, which explains why they are so loyal. Be loyal to her and pray that all dogs really do go to heaven. My tears are preventing me from writing more.
My girl was lucky and the tumor was benign - that was 9 years ago, she's still cooking along at 15 years old. the faster you get to it the more likely it'll be a good result (as well as cheaper) Many vets take credit cards, but if you need to go the cheapest possible route try calling your way through the phone book.

No comments:

Post a Comment