Thursday, July 30, 2009

My dog died. I'm so sad?

My dog died friday night. I had him since he was born, 11 yrs ago. I am just so sad, it was sorta sudden, I know I will miss him soo much even tho I have another dog and 2 cats ..I just feel sooo sad! What can I do to cope??
Answers:
Sorry for your loss!
Take all the pictures of your dog and put them in a scrap book, add any comments or stories you have about your dog. Take your favorite picture and have it blown up to frame.
Pets are parts of our families and our lives. Honor your pet by remembrance of the joy they gave you. But just as people pass through our lives, you have to let them go and know they were special to you but life is only temporary.
try doing fun things that will keep your mind of him. Try to avoid things that have to do with animals. this happens to everyone. you'll get over it. Hope u feel better!
I would hold off on getting another pet for a while. You need some time to think about you dead dog. Think of the good times you had together, they will make you happy. In time you will be able to let go.
For me, I always had dogs when my older dog has died. (I've had two that died.)

I personally cried a lot but that's just how I dealt with it. My last dog that died, I was really close to her and I cried like a baby for a couple days afterwards.

My family and I talked about her and about getting another dog. It helps when you talk.
one of my dogs got posioned this summe and i went to the pound and got another small little dog and its a nice active dog. it helps but i still miss my othet jack russell
I have no answers for you, I just lost my beloved dog two days ago.totally unexpectedly to stomach torsion.so fast, nothing they could do..it was too late. I had him 10 1/2 years of love. I don't know what I am going to do, but it hurts so damned bad. Today, I cleaned up his water bowl, dog food bowl, leash, collar, toys, combs and brushes.went on a bawling jag. (I am very glad no one was around to see me.a grown man crying his eyes out over his dog). I had mine from 8 weeks on, he was such a dear, dear dog and true friend. He knew me very well, always there for me. With time, I know we will both heal and look back on them with love and smile at how wonderful they were.but today, I am not so sure I will get there. God's love to you for caring so much.
My dear little dog holly just died too and it is very heart breaking, and still today i feel so sad! the best thing to do bring out photos of him and think of all of the fun times you had with him. that always helps me cope! and also be happy that you have 2 cats and another dog!
well, my dog die too and it been with me for 12 years. i cry for almost 2 months. but i can move on but i still miss it everytime when i saw dogs.
Awww, I'm so sorry. It sounds like your dog was really wonderful.

One thing you could do is make a photo album of the dog's life. Make sure you put lots of happy photos in it. Just concentrating and remembering the best and funniest times with your dog should cheer you, and remember to be thankful for the time you shared with it.

After a little while you may want to welcome a new puppy into your heart. With all your pets it sounds like you have a lot of love to give. You could consider a rescue dog, too.

I have been through this more than once. Just allow yourself to cry when you need to, talk to other people you are close to, give lots of affection to your other pets, they will be sad as well. They need you to help them through all of this too.

Best wishes!
It takes time to get over losing an animal, friend or family member. Give it a good time and when you are ready get another animal. It don't have to be a dog.
Aww my heart is with you.
It's hard at the beginning, I've lost 2 gos too.
But in the end you will cope. You won't forget him but you'll remember him happily.
I am so sorry for your loss. When a pet dies, it is like losing a relative. The pain is deep and real. Just think about all the good times you had together. I find this helps, write him a poem or a letter and tell him how much he meant to you. How much you loved him and how he will be missed. Putting your thoughts down to your dog really does help. It will take time to feel better. He lives on in your heart. God Bless.
I am so sorry for your loss, I just had to put down Justice because of cancer I knew it was coming and it still isn't easy. I adopted Rutie on Tuesday, to help me and she has so far, I have to keep a good eye on her because of Belle %26 Fred (my other dogs) I posted to another question tonite also I hope it helps

A Prayer After the Loss of a Pet

Dear God,
My pet was so special. The death of this beautiful animal has left me empty and depressed.
Please help me bridge this paralyzing time with the memories of the joys we shared.
Let me always focus on the delight my pet brought to my life.
Animals are such a wonderful part of the world you created, and the loss of this will be with me always,
I may, in time, share my life with a new pet, but the memories of this one will never be replaced.
Amen
Give your other dog a lot of attention. It will help you but it will help him too. Remember, he lost his best friend too. He needs you as much as you need him.
The same thing happened to us 2 yrs ago. It will get easier in a while, but it is going to be hard for a while first.
Omg im am so sorry man 11 years, thats old my mom had a dog who lived for 19 years, ok geting off the subject. anyways thats sad i'v only had two dogs both are my first and they are 4 years old i really dont know how to help you, but i know i would be completly devistated if it happend to me. well my mom was sad she had him cremated(if you spell it like that)
he sits in a box on the mantal above the fire place. im still sorry! :(
Buy a new one that looks the same. Name it the same name.
i know you feel bad about it but it's ok because he is happy because he is in heaven now don't worry about him.But you can play with you 2 cats and dog..
My deepest sympathies on the loss of your dog. There are websites to help deal with the grief associated with losing a pet. I haven't used one myself, but I'm sure they are very helpful. Also, snuggle with your other dog and your cats.they are not a replacement for the dog you lost, but I've always found that pets can be very comforting and they are probably sad too. My thoughts are with you.
Hi, Tana.
I am very sorry for your loss.
My 14 1/2 year old dog died two weeks ago. I cry everyday. I also have another dog and I have 4 cats. I haven't really found a way to cope yet. I think you just have to work through the grieving process. I also went through old pictures and copied some for a tribute service we're going to have tomorrow night. We're hoping that might bring us some closure. Some people bond very closely with their animals and grieve for them like the loss of any family member. I think it's a tribute to your dog and nothing to feel uncomfortable with. Time will help, also. And be with friends. Also, be extra nice to your surviving pets. They may be missing your dog, too. Good luck to you and from the bottom of my heart: I am very sorry for your loss. Try to remember all the good times and how lucky you were to be the one to be blessed with such a great dog.
Sincerely,
Neigher
That happen 2 me but we had 2 put her down because she had cancer( she was 16 years old!) but maybe get a new puppy or if u cant, eat alot of ice cream and watch tv (but do alot of exercising in between LOL!)
Take time to grieve. Take time to be sad and mad. But also take time to laugh and smile for all of the memories you had with him.

Most of all, know, that some day, the two of you will be reunited. So what, if you have another dog or if you have 5 other dogs? They cannot take the lost dog's place. Love them as you always have. But never, ever let yourself feel that they are "substitutes" or "replacements".

I cannot express enough to you, that you need to take time to grieve, to heal. To be mad and sad. Just think of him.and smile and laugh.
Take solace in the poem The Rainbow Bridge and know he's waiting for you at Th Rainbow Bridge and that you will be together once again.

1 comment:

  1. My dog was euthanized 2 days ago. He would have been 15 on this Feb 19, 2011. We arranged for private cremation and purchased a memory box that we could put him a couple of his favorite toys, a Saint Francis of Assisi card and a dove pin in. My husband and I are devastated. Our dog always hated going to the vet and was shaking like a leaf when he was there. The decision to put him down was made after careful discussion with his vetenarian. My husband said it took several minutes for the sedative to work and during that time he hugged and held him and thanked him for being a wonderful friend to us and our grown children when they were growing up. I heart is so heavy I wish I could hug him just one more time so I suggest anyone that has to make this horrible decision, hug and kiss your pet one more time because you will want to and it will be to late. We are waiting for his cremated remains now to be returned to us. I believe you can go through something so painful you are forever a different person. I will never stop being sad and being catholic we are taught we will never see our beloved pet again. I can't bear that either. I pray for anyone suffering the pain I am. I never had many friends and my dog loved me when I didn't feel anyone else did. No I don't want another dog. I had two cats I love and all this experience has brought me it I get to go through this 2 more times. What are we as humans supposed to be learning by this kind of pain and grief?

    ReplyDelete