Thursday, July 30, 2009

my dog dosent like any dog food so what should i do give her human food or what?


Answers:
You don't mention how old your dog is, so all I can do is tell you what I did when my dog wouldn't eat her food. I was giving her bits of people food (a big no no) and too many dog treats. So I stopped giving her both. She didn't eat for 2 days, thinking I would relent I guess, but I didn't. So on the 3rd day I think she realized that dog food was better than "no" food at all! So now I only give her a treat when we're training, or as an occasional treat, and "never" people food. It all turned out fine. Good luck to you both.
no human food

wait her out

when she gets hungry enough she'll eat
go to your vet or a dog breeder or any animal specilast and ask them
When your dog gets hungry she will eat.
What works for us (2 Goldens) is you make a big deal out of feeding them, positive reinforcement, and mix a little wet food with with the dry. Not a lot of wet food, maybe 3 tbls. mixed in.
human food is not good for dogs at all so just give the dog some time and when she gets hungrey enough it will eat
I personally think you should just wait till your dog gets really hungry. Then he'll definitely eat it. Eating human food isn't really good for a dog's diet and they can turn obese.

Does your dog like canned food? If he does, you can feed it to the dog for awhile and then after awhile switch the food to dry food with dog gravy over it. Be careful when switching their food, it might upset their stomach. I know that Iams sell the dog food gravy and there might be others if you look in pet stores.
Personally, I don't like to give my dogs any people food, just because I don't know if they have any food allergies. I would try to add some wet food in with the dry food, sometimes the juices give it more flavor. And there is also this stuff (I forget what it's called) but it comes in a bottle that kinda looks like a salad dressing bottle, and it's like gravy to put over dry food, and it comes in all different flavors, I gave some hamburger flavored to my dog, and she loved it, but it's not that healthy for them. kinda high in fat, but you could try it to get your dog to eat. Good Luck!
my dog did the same thing, and we got over that problem by feeding him his dog food on a dinner plate, so he thought he was eating what we were eating. hey it worked. (you won't need the fork though.)
People food is not good for your dog. They will eat dog food when they are hungry but not if they are waiting on you to give them people food. They will get spoiled to having people food. Talk to your vet maybe
some dogs get bored of their food, so what you can do is have a variety and mix it about at times. I have two types of food and i put varying ratios of food each night for her.

You can also try hand feeding her, or watching over her while she's eating. I did this with my dog when i realised that she wasn't eating her food and once she realised i wasn't going to move until she ate her food, she ate it without a fuss.

human food isn't ideal, however it is sometimes good to give them some vegetables (healthy human food) such as carrot, to make sure that if one day she was to get sick, she would be use to eating things other than dog food. But dog food is the ideal food for dogs (obviously)
research_ canine Bil-jac food.dogs will fight over it!
um well hello im hali and im the one you called stupid and no i cant get a pitbull from the pound were i live because they dont allow pitbulls and the only time they do is when there owner comes and gets them!

No comments:

Post a Comment