Thursday, July 30, 2009

My dog eats grass then throws up..?

Is that normal?
Answers:
yes, thats perfectly normal
dogs eat grass when their stomach is upset.
it helps them get rid of their upset stomach.
(i would suggest not feeding your dog after he eats grass, since he could throw it up in the night)
Yes. I believe I've heard that dogs will eat grass sometimes if they have an upset tummy as a way to induce vomiting. I think it is normal on ocassion, but if it becomes a regular occurence, you might consider calling the vet.
dogs eat grass when they have an upset stomach, because they know that it will make them vomit. it helps relieve their stomach.
yes,thats why they do it.
your puppy feels sick in his tummy so he eats grass to make himself throw up. call the vet %26 change the diet/food.
yes very normal.it's there way of getting rid of a belly ache.
I don't know if it's normal, but it's not unusual. I have four dogs in my house at the moment, and three of them eat grass. My vet says I have a herd of goats. Dogs throwing up is not a bad thing. It gets rid of stuff they have eaten which does agree with them. It used to be thought that dogs eat grass because they are sick. I don't think that's the case anymore, as long as what they chew on isn't toxic. They like the taste and the moisture.
I heard one Vet say, it can become a bad habit, like chewing tobacco, it really is not good for them. They learn it from other dogs. kind of like gays do..
if he eat to much grass that not good but if he eats a little bit of grass thats ok and i work at the vet
I don't know specifically about the grass thing, but my friend's poodle eats leaves, flowers as well as grass everytime he is outside. He doesn't throw up. He seems to enjoy it. Any ideas?
it means that they dont feel good and they wanna throw up to get better
When a dog is put in the back yard or taken for a walk it will look for tall grass and eat it, this is done when a dogs stomach is upset . They eat the grass because of certain enzymes which grass contains and eventually they will throw it back up once their stomach is settled. This can be avoided by talking to your local vet and getting certain medications to resolve the situation.
Yes but talk to your vet because sometimes when your dog could maltrishoin and lack of good nutition
Its normal no worries your dog ate something bad and is eating grass to get it back out of his or hers system
yep, mine did that a couple of days ago %26 my vet said they do that %26 throw up.no reason for concern..good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment