Wednesday, July 29, 2009

my dog ate three hershey kisses??

she got into my bag and eate three hershey kisses and im really worried.
Answers:
How big is your dog? If you are talking a lab-size, no worries.

I know from experience that a lab mix can eat a whole bag of kisses and be okay. Take him out to potty ALOT and try not to wince when he passes the foil. UGH!

Here's a link to some figures so you can see based on the weight of your dog if you need to worry:
http://www.idir.net/~wolf2dog/chocolate..

When in doubt, call your vet but unless you have a tiny pup it should be fine except for a few sudden urges to potty.
She will soon have the "hershey" squirts(-;
she will probably be OK with just three. I would watch her and if she acts funny take her to the vet.
Chocolate is very toxic to dogs.
She'll be ok, chocolate does not *kill* animals when they only eat a little bit. Maybe if your dog ate the whole bag, then it would make her sick, but she only ate 3 kisses, so she'll be ok, stop worrying.

One time I had a dog that knocked a kit kat out of my hand while I was not looking, and he stole it and ate the whole kit kat, and it didn't hurt him, and he was a 4 pound poodle. So if it didn't kill my 4 pound poodle, then I think your dog will be ok. Good Luck.
Dont panic, our dog has done the same thing, as long as it doesnt happen too often i doubt if you have anything to worry about..if you are still anxious call your local vet and perhaps they can encourage you..good luck, and HIDE THAT CANDY way up HIGH! Sharon T. from oHIo

One added note, our mini-doxie HoneyBun, eats any kleenexes she can find, even going thru my coat pockets, etc, i dont know she does it, but i can 'tell' that it passes thru, she must need the roughage! ha ha
I have a cocker spaniel and he ate hershey kisses at one point too. I really freaked out. Well, I called the vet and he said that yes, chocolate is bad for dogs, they'd have to eat a significant amount of it to be harmful. It sounds like you never let your dog have chocolate and if this is all she's eaten ever, I think she should be okay. If you're really worried though, call your vet. He/She should be able to help you out. It's funny how much we love our dogs.
it shouldn't affect ur dog. They have to eat a lot more than just three hershey kisses. Some of my friends dogs eat choclate all the time because they say thats not true, but i neverrrrrr let my dog eat chocolate. he just recently ate a m%26m that i dropped on the floor
U ARE FINE I HAVE ASKED SEVERAL VETS THIS QUESTION ABOUT DOGS HAVING CHOCOLATE

GUESS WHAT THERE IS A DIFFERANCE BETWEEN THE TWO

CHOCOLATE CANDY IS FINE, AND OKAY FOR THE DOG

HERE IS THE DEADLY ONE

WHEN U MAKE SOMETHING WITH BAKER'S
COCOA, THAT CAN NOT, AND I REPEAT, THAT CAN NOT BE FED TO THE DOG

BAKER'S COCOA CAN ACTUALLY KILL A DOG

IF U DON'T BELIEVE ME, ASK A VET

AND KEEP ALL ITEMS AWAY FROM ANY PET THAT THEY R NOT SOPOSE TO HAVE
she should be fine. My dog ate a whole bar and she's fine just kept an eye on her. If anything happenes call the vet.
It is mainly dependent on her size. A lab should be fine but always watch for a reaction however a shitzu may have a bad reaction and need a vet ASAP.
dont be. even though chocolate is poisonous to dogs, your dog hardly ate any.she be fine.
nothing will happen to your pup. the only way it may become sick is if you constantly give him or her chocolate
If your dogs is a large breed maybe nothing, but if it's small can be a problem, chocolate are bad for dogs can die..

be aware

No comments:

Post a Comment