Thursday, July 30, 2009

My dog died! I can't get over it!?

Okay, about a year 1/2 ago, my dog died and I STILL can't get over it. She got hit by the mailman. she limped over to my family and we were happy because it looked like she only broke a leg. Then she went in our neighbors driveway and layed down. I went inside and got a blanket (it hasn't been washed sinse then) and my dad picked her up. My family took her to a vet, crying. My dad, the vet, and the dog, McKenzie, went into another room. My dad came out. Alone. No dog. That day, June 29, was the worst day of my life! The main part of the story is, there are flowers we planted (a type you never have to water) and every time a see them I want to cry. McKenzie was more then a sister or a friend to me. More than a daughter to my parents! I understand I will never get over it. What can I do?
Answers:
loosing a pet you love is very hard because they become a part of the family. its not easy to get over it. my dog died back in july and i still havent gotten over his death. but the one thing i do is think of the happiness he brought to my life and the things we use to do. he is and always will be a part of my life. think of the good things and not the bad
well, thats normal. you'll never get over it cuz u loved ur dog, u'll just come to termz with it, and realiz your dog iz gone. u love the dog, so it's ok to be sad.
Aw Im reallly really sorry! A few years ago my dog Tiger got hit by a car and I cried for months. Its pretty normal. Give it time and make sure to keep pictures around so it seems like shes still with you. Always remember shes with you no matter what. Just give it some more time. Good luck and Im so sorry!
Time will help heal you. Just know that your pet will be happily waiting for you when it is your time. Animals do have souls and your angel is waiting for you over the rainbow bridge. I understand your pain. I lost my 18 year old cat a few years ago. She was like a daughter as I have no children. The loss was extremely difficult. Time has helped and even though another cat can't replace my sweet little Bear, my three cats have helped in my healing process. You will be ok. Try to find some great pictures of your dog and leave them in places you look all the time, like the fridge. Remember her in her health, not in her last moments. That has also helped me. Good luck. :)
Just remember all of the good times you had with her. And i know that no one will ever replace her, but have you thought abought getting another pet?

I am truly sorry!
I think you should make a story about your dog. Write a book, telling how fantastic your dog was and add pictures and write about the story of your dog.
To answer your question, you need to fill that empty box. Adopt another dog. My mom still hasn't moved on from her previous dog, but we got another one, and she loves this one as much as the other one. Remember, you will always love your dog, and your new dog.
get another dog
I know it's very difficult to get over your pet's loss and I'm truely sorry for you:(I know this will not replace your previous dog,but it might help a little if you get a new pet - some sweet little puppy that will need your care and attention won't leave you long in your grief.
I am sorry for your loss, and can feel the emptiness in your heart.
You must trust in God's teachings, that time will heal.
We are allowed the pain of loss, because:
1) it teaches us to accept what we have no control over, 2) and to learn to love all over again,
3) as well as learn to love in many different ways.

All of this is part of growing in God's pathway of life.

Accepting another dog into your family would be a start. but understand you never replace what you have lost. To find a companion that needs to heal as much as you and your family does, look to rescueing a dog.

By seeking a rescue companion, you allow a dog who has suffered loss of their home, a part of their physical being, or even their previous owner; to have a chance to be accepted and loved again.
Rescue dogs are ever so greatful to be wanted and allowed to be a part of family. No, they are not perfect, but then again.neither are we humans. If they can see and accept us with our imperfections, why is it so difficult for humans to see and accept them in return ?

If you could think about bringing another dog into your family, wouldn't you both heal from your recent losses ?
Hi.I totally understand what you are saying %26 I have lost very dear pets %26 one that was ver close to me %26 had been my constant companion for just short of 16 years.
It is hard %26 we have a great sense of loss as they are as much a part of us as any other member of the family %26 that just tears your heart out.try this website as I know there you will be amongst people that understand.
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/pet.

This is a poem by Rudyard Kipling that I read often %26 one I had printed %26 framed for the vets in memory of a dog I lost.

There is sorrow enough in the natural way
From men and women to fill our day;
And when we are certain of sorrow in store,
Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware
Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.

Buy a pup and your money will buy
Love unflinching that cannot lie -
Perfect passion and worship fed
By a kick in the ribs or a pat on the head.
Nevertheless it is hardly fair
To risk your heart for a dog to tear.

When the fourteen years which Nature permits
Are closing in asthma, or tumour, or fits,
And the vet's unspoken prescription runs
To lethal chambers or loaded guns,
Then you will find - it's your own affair -
But.you've given your heart for a dog to tear.

When the body that lived at your single will,
With its whimper of welcome, is stilled (how still!);
When the spirit that answered your every mood
Is gone - wherever it goes - for good,
You will discover how much you care,
And will give your heart for the dog to tear.

We've sorrow enough in the natural way,
When it comes to burying Christian clay.
Our loves are not given, but only lent,
At compound interest of cent per cent.
Though it is not always the case, I believe,
That the longer we've kept 'em, the more do we grieve:
For, when debts are payable, right or wrong,
A short-time loan is as bad as a long -
So why in Heaven (before we are there)
Should we give our hearts to a dog to tear?

Regards %26 Respects Jake
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/petssecond.
Same here. My mom got me this adoorable golden r,and we had to take him when he was only 4 weeks and 4 days.My mom lives in Indiana,and i live in Ohio.And when i was going back home,that day before my dad came and took me home.My puppy died. His name was max.
I know how much it hurts - I just lost my dog a few months ago - GET ANOTHER DOG! it won't replace what you have lost but it really does help
My sympathies to you
You have to understand how dogs think. No matter how much they hurt, when you have a good dog they never complain. They never try and get back at bad owners, most want to play even when they are almost in too much pain to even walk. Dessy is my 12 year old Old English Sheepdog mix and she has crippling arthritis in her back hips, but everytime I come to visit her from college at my parents house she goes outside with me and tries to gallop along with me, smiling like she wants to play. I leave her with my parents, because they have never gotten over the grief of their last dog dying several years ago, but Dessy gives them her gentle brand of love that only she can. To get more to the point, a dog lives for you, not for themselves. Their sun rises and sets for you, unless they are a working dog like a herder, hunter or guard dog. They go to what I believe is dog heaven content with the knowledge that they have done their job if they have made a child smile, licked a face, nuzzled someone under their arms and made a person laugh. If you want to do your dog justice, go to your local animal shelter and look at all of the innocent faces facing death if they don't get adopted and take a dog home with you. He/she will love you with all the power they have in their bodies until the day they pass away. When I lay besides Dessy when she has bad arthritis days, sometimes a tear comes to my eye for her. She promptly licks the tear off of my face as if to say, "Don't cry for me, I love you and I am happy, I will always be here for you."
i feel so srry bout ur dog .. but i never got over my dog

No comments:

Post a Comment