Thursday, July 30, 2009

my dog eats cat food.?

My dog eats my cats food. How can I get this to stop? She jumps up to knock over the dish then eats it.
Answers:
Move the cat food to an area that the dog cant get to but the cat can. Also, place some cat food in a bowl, when the dog goes for it, spray it with some water from a spray bottle.
Dogs love cat food! my dog ALWAYS does this, the only thing you can do is watch your cat eat then if there is any food left over put it up to where your dog can't get it. That's what I do.
Welcome to my world.It fustrating as @#*%26? .My Vet. said it's not going to kill the dog..so don't worry about it.

I wish they had a food for dogs or cats that they could both eat

Sometimes just for fun I'll put dog food in the cat bowl and the dog scarfs it down thinking she is really getting away with something.. : )
cat food is much sweater than dog food but its not very good for dogs. try to move the cat food so the dog can not get it.
My friend has the same problem. Her dog is like twice the size he's supposed to be, so she tries putting him on diets and buys special diet dog food but he eats the cat's food. She's tried putting it away but he always seems to get it, or the cat knocks it down and he gets it.
Well, what is the harm? Sometimes we eat dog food.. you know what I mean..right?
I had to put the cat food up on the chest freezer to keep the dog out of it. Or you can invest in a baby gate. Put the cat food in a room and put up the baby gate..cat can jump over..dog should stay on his side..
meow,
Does he fu*ck stripper raccoons too?

I do believe you have one of those alternative lifestyle, politically correct type of canines.

Good luck with that.
It doesn't hurt them.
Put her out side or in a different room or take her for a walk till the cat finishes eating then put the cat food and bowl away where she can not get to it.
Cat food typically has more salt in it. Salt is like candy or sugar to animals. My dog loves it too, but it's not the greatest thing in the world for them.
My dogs also eat my cats food..I think it tastes differently lol
Maybe the way to stop the dog is to feed him first before the cat
Cat food is higher in protein, so it has more meat flavor. Since dogs are usually larger, dog food has more filler like corn meal and starches. Which would you eat, corn meal or meat?
Put the cat food inside a closet or pantry accessible only by a cat sized pet door.
Of course, if you have a small dog this won't work, I don't know what will except to feed your cat(s) twice a day while your dog is outside doing his business.
I'm sorry to disagree with your vet, but cat food is much higher in protein levels and ash content than any dog food, too much protein and ash in a dogs system can and will cause kidneys, liver, pancreas, bladder and vital organs to have a very high protein level which will cause renal shutdown, very painful and distressing condition for any dog, don't let him have the cats food AT ALL, put your cats food up high where only she can get to it.
I go through the same every day. I have two dogs and one cat. The dogs never eat the cat food in front of me. They wait until I leave the room and when I hear them eating the cat food I go running into the kitchen to catch them but I鈥檓 either to late or they come running out the kitchen so they won鈥檛 get caught. I got so tired of have to buy cat food so often; sometimes I would give the cat dog food. When I do this, the dogs didn鈥檛 even touch the food. I also tried putting obstacles in front of the food but they just moved it out of the way. Now I put it up high where they can鈥檛 reach it and only my cat can. However, this doesn鈥檛 stop my cat from eating the dog food. Because when he feels he doesn鈥檛 want to climb up for his food he will eat theirs.

What my sister does is but her cat food dish between the wall and the couch so only her cat can reach it.
Cat food is high in protein and dogs love it. Much tastier that drab old dog food. It won't hurt your dog but he will gain a lot of weight. Not to mention, your cat won't have food available when he wants it. Put the cat's food on a table, cabinet, dishwasher or some place that he can jump up, but the dog can't reach.
-MM

No comments:

Post a Comment