Thursday, July 30, 2009

my dog died and it hurts so bad that he's gone..?

ok here's the thing..a year ago my dog Ozzie died.And for some reason I still cry over it.I don't know why though I mean it has been a whole year.It's like a big part of my heart is missing because Ozzie was always there beside me ,he never left my side.And now that he is gone..i'm feeling depressed.How can I get threw this.Please help!
Answers:
omg! I still cry and its been two years for me! i know how u feel i had to let two dogs go, and it wuz so close together, i mean i was very depressed, im still sad, but i remember the good times we had, and that they aren't suffering anymore. Imagine your dogs being in pain their whole life. In heaven they are restored and they feel much better and they have all the doggie bones they can eat without gaining an ounce! They can run freely for miles and miles and never stop. they can pee anywhere they want, and they will still be sad, knowing they left thier best friend behind, but he knows that soon u will come visit you, and that he knows you cannot see him, although he is sitting there, right beside you with his little tail still waggin, and the biggest smile on his face. he always checks on you, then spreds his golden wings and flys away knowing your happy and that you will be strong for him. BE STRONG FOR HIM! HE'S ALWAYS IN YOUR HEART, AND IMAGINE HIM SITTING RIGHT BESIDE YOU, A HUGE SMILE ON HIS FACE, AND HIS TAIL THUMPING FROM SIDE TO SIDE. He loves you! and he's watching you right now!
Try to think of all the good times you had with him. Just know that your dog loved you very much and would not want to see you like this. He would want to see you happy.
I know how that feels, I had to have my Golden Retriever put down a few years ago. He was 17. Anyway, the hurt eases with time. Just remember that he was a good dog, you loved him, and you were a good owner to him.

I don't know if it's too soon, but you might consider getting another dog. I didn't think I'd ever get another one, but I have a newfoundland now and I adore him. He didn't replace my Golden, but he did fill a void.

Good luck and it will get better.
Losing a pet is just like losing a close family member. You must mourn their loss just like a family member. You obviously loved your dog. That is the beauty of our pets, they become a member of the family. They give us unconditional love and we do the same for them. It's ok to cry.

I know you can never replace that pet, but you can get another to give that love to. Part of what you are missing is the love you were able to give and receive. Give another animal a chance to experience this with you.
I just lost my Black Lab Sadie on 10-20-06 when she got hit by my dads car it was hard on me because I saw the whole thing and we only had her for 4 months. It felt like half of my heart is gone. Get another dog I have 5 already I didn't need another and my mom said no. But you could get another dog to giuve some love and attention.
1. i would get a cat or a different kind of animal and so u would not think about ur dog. i had a cat and i had to put it down and a yr. or 2 l8r i got a dog it helped me alot.

2. get another dog and name it after ozzie always train him the same way u trained ozzie and feed him the same play with him the same get him the same toys etc.

ok bye
austin
I know how it feels its a painful I`m 38 and i lost my dog 20 yrs ago and i still miss him,,the best thing for you is to get another dog,to forget
ozzy was part of your family hun so you will feel a huge loss. I can assure you that time really does heal the pain, you will never forget your special bond with ozzy and will always remember your special friend.

Have you thought of getting another dog, he will never replace ozzy but may take your mind off the pain..
x
The truth of the matter is the answer is the same as if you were dumped by your boyfriend. Find another. Quickly.

There is no reason to suffer, being without having a canine companion. And some poor puppy that does not have a home. Your new Buddy is waiting for you out there. Get Crackin! %26lt;G>
My heart goes out to you. Losing a pet is like losing your best friend. Ozzie loved you with no strings attached. It's hard to get over. Don't allow anyone to make you feel that something is wrong with you. Everyone grieves in his/her own way. Crying is necessary and will help in the long run. You might want to try and make a memorial to Ozzie. It helped me when I constructed a mini rock garden and hand decorated a large rock with my dog's name. It gave me a goal and required time and thought, which helped me heal. At last I can think of all the memories and not cry. Good luck to you. You are not alone.
You must have loved your dog tremendously. I just lost my dog 10-16. He was my first dog and a real angel. He was part of the family.
When I get sad, I try and remember the good times with him, how beautiful he was, and believe that part of him is still with me, looking down and protecting me.

I would, as others here have suggested, look into another dog as well. It will never replace your former one, but fill some of that void. There is most likely a dog at a local pound that would love to love you. Take that step.
Good luck.
take it slow. my cat died and i still cry about it. just take it very slow.
There is nothing you can do to ever forget. I lost my dog over 10 years ago due to it being my fault. I left the garage door up a tad and he crawled under and out and got hit by a truck and broke his legs in multiple pieces. I had no choice, I put him down. the greatest loss I will ever have for a pet. My General, I will never forget you boy. See, I'm crying again. 10 years later..


You'll never forget your pets, EVER!
Aww, I'm so sorry to hear this. But I can relate to you and your sadness. I had a female labrador get really sick, and I had to have her put to rest. That was 8 years ago, and I still get sad. I do know one thing that really helps me when I think of her. I just tell myself, at least she %26 I had each other for the time we did, and being with "me," she was loved %26 so was I. I now have another Lab, and she's just as wonderful, just a different personality. It took awhile before I would let myself even "think" of getting another one, but take my word for it, it will help you "a lot." Okay? You're not replacing the one you lost, just continuing to love, but a "different" one, okay? Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment