Friday, July 31, 2009

My dog has a gooppey discharge on one of his eye.. can I do anything for him other than keep wiping it off?


Answers:
By all means, take the dog to the vet. If you don't really know what the cause of the discharge is you don't know what to treat it with. I expect your vet will give you an answer in a hurry and only then can you cure the problem. Good luck to you.
infection,needs to go to the vet
My dog had that for a while. I'd get it checked out because it ended up being tumors on his eyelids. It wasn't a big deal but they said they wanted to remove them just in case.
some dogs are prone to things like this like cocker spaniels (droopey eyes). if its a new thing go to your vets and they will give you some drops if its always been this way and your vet didnt pick up a problem with it at your last check up just get some cotton wool and clean regualy. if your worried go to your vets for a check up good luck
theres medication but itll go away in a week or two
My dog has the same thing. All I did was keep it clean and occasionally put a drop of eye lubricant in the effected eye (not every day tho). Just regular sterile lubricant eye drops. I cleaned his effected eye several times a day using a clean napkin or tissue and not reusing it for the other eye. The sterile eye drops (just plain ole walgreens brand) was to flush out any contaminents. I'm in the medical field, so knew how to treat this and what to look for. If the "gunk" in his eye is yellow or green, best bet is take him to the vet and get prescription/antibiotic drops for him. Best wishes.
The vet will have something for it. My dog has the same problem.
My cat had that and It was a upper respritory infection. Go to the vet and they will give you a triple antibiotic. I got it for my cat about 2 weeks ago and its just now clearing up. It could get fatal of you dont treat it. It was only like 10 bucks. Also for now just put a warm cloth on it.
My husband and I have a Rottweiler which over a year ago developed puss coming from his eyes which is caused from some type of unknown allergy. We have taken him to the vet. The vet told us allergy testing on a dog is extremely lengthy, costly and usually not that successful in the end. So he placed our dog on an antibiotic and then keeps him regularly on a small dose of Prednisone everyday. This seems to be helping quite a bit.

Your best bet is to take your dog to the vet. He/She has probably developed some type of eye allergy but it could be something different. But definitely get the dog check out if the eyes do not clear up soon.
Take him to the vet before the other eye becomes infected.

He needs care.
This might sound stupid but it worked 4 me. My dog had a sore eye like that and i just used a cold tea bag on it and kept doin it until it got better.
try tea bags. wet with warm water. clean eye with that. make sure clean inside(close to nose) out word. don't want to push the infection in!! this works on cat! never tried it on a dog yet!! hope it helps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment